This week (beginning the 16th of November) marks Book Week Scotland. We are very keen to celebrate reading and share what we are doing via social media that week. As we missed our Reading Week in September we want to go the extra mile to mark this occasion. Around the school there will be a number of different events taking place which we encourage all pupils to get involved in.
- A virtual assembly will be held for all S1 and S2 pupils during tutor time on Tuesday;
- Reading registration will take place all week for S1 to S3 pupils Wednesday to Friday;
- A DEAR (drop everything and read) period for all year groups and staff during period 6 on Thursday;
- Junior pupils will be recording themselves reading stories to share with primary pupils;
- A Found Poetry and Writing competition open to junior pupils will be running all week;
- A staff ‘When I was Your Age’ event where staff have shared a photo of themselves at 16 with a note of their favourite book/s at that time and any words of wisdom they would give to their younger self. Have a look at the display board outside the library and see if you can guess who they are!