Go to drop down menu above ( ‘ART AND DESIGN’ or ‘PHOTOGRAPHY’) for individual year group pages and resources to enable pupils to work from home.
(Update) We are launching new Google Classrooms for the new timetable/session. Many of you have responded to invites already, thanks. Go to year group pages above.
(Update) All pupils in S1-S3 should respond to Google Classroom invites to continue with projects/tasks.
(Update) National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher Art and Design should continue to log into their Google Classroom for communication.
Head of Faculty Creative & Aesthetic
Mr A Simpson
Art & Design Teachers
Mr G Wellcoat, Mr P Collins, Ms S Fleming, Mr R Holmes
‘Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable’ Banksy
Learners have rich opportunities to:
- Be creative and to experience inspiration and enjoyment.
- Explore a wide range of two- and three- dimensional media.
- Use appropriate technologies and engage in practical activities.
- Create, express and communicate ideas.
- Develop their knowledge and understanding of artists and designers.
- Enable experimentation with technologies and materials.
- Utilise the visual elements and concepts to convey ideas, thoughts and feelings.
- Observe and record to show accuracy of representation.
- Produce work in relation to a brief.
- Provide opportunity to discuss the work of artists and designers.
- Evaluate their own and others’ work.
Development Of Skills
- Develop insights into how imagery works as a means of communication and how Art and Design feeds into cultural heritage.
- Learners will gain considerable skills in using materials, managing processes and presenting thoughts and ideas.
- Learners will develop their reasoning, analysis and language skills.
- They will be able to express themselves, solve problems and work directly with materials and equipment in satisfying and enjoyable ways.
- Learners will also develop skills to research, investigate, interpret and handle information.