Pupils are settling in well to the current school year at Strathaven Academy and we hope the new S1 pupils have enjoyed their first few weeks . Sammy and Peter are your School Captains. As S6 pupils, we know this school very well and it is our intention to make the most of our final year. It is important to acknowledge the hard work our fellow pupils have put in and the incredible results our year group have achieved so far academically. S6 is also about the extra events and projects we can be part of to gain further positive experiences. The electives we choose for S6 are very important as we gain knowledge and acquire new skills to use after school. Many of these demonstrate how important pupil voice is in taking responsibility, working in a group and seeing projects through. Examples of these include –
- Leading activities for house teams and encouraging representatives from all year groups to have a voice
- Producing the S6 Yearbook
- Designing projects for worth while causes such as St Andrews Hospice
- Organising school events such as our Prom
- Recording and celebrating whole school achievements in the newsletter and website.
Our captains aim to continue the amazing work completed by previous senior pupils. It is our responsibility to inspire and mentor the whole school community and continue to provide an ethos of pride in Strathaven Academy.
Go to our ‘Pupilzone’ section for more stories and info including a detailed page on your House Team representatives and Ambassadors
(By S6 Communications Group)