Due to industrial action by teaching staff the S5/6 Consultation Evening, scheduled for Tuesday, 28 February 2023 has been cancelled and will not be rescheduled. Tracking reports will be sent home by pupil post on Monday, 27 February 2023. This report will provide you with information in relation to progress, behaviour, effort and homework. The working grade provided will be an evidence-based grade which indicates the grade the pupil is currently working at in each of their courses.
We understand that the cancellation of our S5/6 Consultation Evening will be of concern to our pupils and parents/carers and we therefore wish to sign post many supports that are available:
- Our school website contains a study support section including example study planners, study skills advice, how to access SCHOLAR and other advice for exam preparation. This information can be found by clicking here.
- Supported Study is ongoing at lunchtimes and after school. The timetable for this can be accessed here.
- Easter Study classes will be offered during the Spring Break. This will be a hybrid approach of virtual and face to face sessions. The timetable and opportunity to register for classes will be shared with pupils at the beginning of March.
- There continues to be a National e-Learning offer where pupils can access live study support together with additional resources through e-sgoil. This digital learning support can be accessed here.
- South Lanarkshire Council will be providing a Virtual Study Support programme in a range of subjects starting on Monday, 27 February 2023. Please find attached to this message a copy of the programme for next week. Information on how to access these sessions will be posted on year group Google Classrooms.
Please be assured our staff will continue to offer specific advice and support to pupils during class time and at supported study so please encourage your child to be present at all classes and attend supported study sessions.