Go to drop down menu above ( ‘ART AND DESIGN’ or ‘PHOTOGRAPHY’) for individual year group pages and resources to enable pupils to work from home.
(Update) We continue to use Google Classrooms. Make sure you are keeping in touch with assignments and have access to resources if working from home.
(Update) All pupils in S1-S3 should respond to Google Classroom invites to continue with projects/tasks.
(Update) National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher Art and Design should continue to log into their Google Classroom for communication.
Head of Faculty Creative & Aesthetic
Mr A Simpson
Art & Design Teachers
Mr G Wellcoat, Mr P Collins, Ms S Fleming, Mr R Holmes, Ms K Dunsmore
‘Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable’ Banksy
Learners have rich opportunities to:
- Be creative and to experience inspiration and enjoyment.
- Explore a wide range of two- and three- dimensional media.
- Use appropriate technologies and engage in practical activities.
- Create, express and communicate ideas.
- Develop their knowledge and understanding of artists and designers.
- Enable experimentation with technologies and materials.
- Utilise the visual elements and concepts to convey ideas, thoughts and feelings.
- Observe and record to show accuracy of representation.
- Produce work in relation to a brief.
- Provide opportunity to discuss the work of artists and designers.
- Evaluate their own and others’ work.
Development Of Skills
- Develop insights into how imagery works as a means of communication and how Art and Design feeds into cultural heritage.
- Learners will gain considerable skills in using materials, managing processes and presenting thoughts and ideas.
- Learners will develop their reasoning, analysis and language skills.
- They will be able to express themselves, solve problems and work directly with materials and equipment in satisfying and enjoyable ways.
- Learners will also develop skills to research, investigate, interpret and handle information.