Archive Projects (Below) for Home Learning.
S2 Design Project
At this time, we suggest you look at examples of classic PRODUCT DESIGN and choose one to write a report on. (See PDF links to documents at bottom of page).
See a few examples of historical pieces of Product Design listed below or feel free to choose something from the internet.
Examples include –
- Anglepoise Lamp (George Cowardine -1934)
- Teleavia Television (Phillippe Charbonneaux – 1957)
- Mini (Sir Alex Issigonis – 1959)
- Fender Stratocaster (Leo Fender and Leo Tavares – 1953)
- Ekco ad Radio (Well Coates -1934)
- Coca-Cola ‘Mae West’ Bottle (Chapman Root Glass co. – 1915)
- Wassily Chair (Marcel Breuer -1926)
- Land Camera (Dr. Edwin Land -1947)
- Vespa Scooter (Corriandino D’Ascando – 1946)
- Wurlitzer 1015 (Paul Fuller – 1946)
- Moka Express (renato and Alfonso Bialetti – 1939)
See link to PDF documents below to help you consider questions on your design.
Also try to link your report to the four F’s – ‘Function’, ‘Form’, ‘Fabrication’ and ‘Fantasy’ See example PDF below on – ‘Red Blue Chair’ by Gerrit Rietveld (1918)
You can then write and present a report based on the answers to the questions and any further information found on the internet.
Update – respond to the invite to join the Google Classroom for further information/tasks for S2 Art and Design. Thanks!
Deadline for sharing project on the Google Classroom – Thursday 21 May. Thanks!